Back Taxes Never Go Away On Their Own!

If the IRS collection is knocking on your door, Our Tax Resolution Team can help you find relief fast!

Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) Service

Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) Service

If you earn money in the United States but you don't qualify for a Social Security Number, Tax Accountants, Inc. can help you apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and file any and all pending tax returns.

 We'll handle the entire process for you  

Apply for an ITIN and keep your original documents

With our Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) Service you can apply for an ITIN and have one our Certified Acceptance Agents verify your supporting documents at one of our offices in Orland Park, IL or Schererville, IN.  We also offer remote services.  The benefit to you is that you can keep the supporting documentation, and our CAA will submit copies of these documents, along with your ITIN application, to the IRS for you.


  • We are a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) with the IRS
  • Keep Your Original Documents
  • Expedited ITIN Services - Get Your ITIN Number Fast!
  • Keep your original documents (exceptions apply for dependents)
  • Don’t Risk Losing Your Documents In the Mail
  • We Complete all of the Application Forms for You
  • We Handle All Communications with the IRS for You
  • Apply for ITIN Number and File Your Income Tax Return All In One Place


  • It serves as your identification number when filing your federal taxes
  • It allows you to get a refund of the income taxes withheld by the IRS, if you qualify
  • It allows you to file your taxes and claim dependents you support in the U.S., Mexico, or Canada
  • With an ITIN you may be able to open a bank account or apply for a mortgage loan

There are 13 acceptable documents. Each document must be current and contain an expiration date.

*IRS will accept documents issued within 12 months of the application if no expiration date is normally available.  Documents must also show your name and photograph, and support your claim of foreign status.

Below is a list of the ONLY acceptable documents:

  • Passport* (stand-alone document)
  • National identification card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and expiration date)
  • U.S. driver's license
  • Civil birth certificate (required for dependents under 18 years of age)
  • Foreign driver's license
  • U.S. state identification card
  • Foreign voter's registration card
  • U.S. military identification card
  • Foreign military identification card
  • Visa
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photo identification
  • Medical records (dependents only - under 6)
  • School records (dependents only - under 14, under 18 if a student)

*A passport is the only document that proves both identity and foreign status.  For dependents, the passport must have a date of entry to be a stand-alone document, unless the dependent is from Canada, Mexico, or Military Overseas. If a passport is submitted, a combination of two or more documents must be submitted to meet the document requirements.


Effective January 1, 2016, the passport will no longer be accepted as a stand-alone identification document for dependents if the passport does not have a date of entry, unless the dependent is from Mexico or Canada. 

Applicants will be required to submit (along with the passport) either:

  • U.S. medical records for dependents under age 6, or
  • U.S. school records for dependents under age 18, age 18 and over
  • Rental Statement listing the Applicant’s Name and U.S. Address or
  • Utility Bill listing the Applicant’s Name and U.S. Address or
  • Bank Statement with Applicant’s Name and U.S. Address

*Military Overseas is exempt from the new policy provision.


"I went to Tax Accountants, Inc. to reduce my tax debt. Not only did they reduce my tax debt, I got a tax refund because they discovered my tax returns were filed incorrectly. Yolanda was very knowledgeable about how to treat retirement distributions and the other complex tax issues that were ignored by my first tax preparer. If I'd used Tax Accountants to prepare my initial tax return, I could've avoided my tax debt altogether. They far exceeded my expectations and I'd definitely use them again."

C. Curry

"I love Tax Accountants, Inc! They are efficient, accurate, and very timely. They have always been courteous and willing to explain everything to me. They even gave suggestions on how to save for the next year! I would recommend them to everyone."

Denise J.

"Tax Accountants, Inc. assisted us with becoming an IRS approved 501(c)(3) organization. Our application was approved within 1 month after it was submitted to the IRS. They are very thorough and we will use them again."

Liberty CCCC - Non Profit Organization

"Mrs. Johnson shared complete, understandable information regarding our tax issue. She used appropriate technology for solutions and kept us abreast of communications with the IRS. Tax Accountants saved us more than $14,000."

R. Duncan

"On scale of 1-10, I would give Yolanda Johnson and tax resolution services of Tax Accountants, Inc. a solid 10! Yolanda is thorough, knowledgeable, professional and cheerful. All along the process she offered solutions and strategies that got me an unbelievably great outcome. As a professional person, I would say that Yolanda is the best tax person I have ever worked with. I would recommend her with the highest degree possible. The tax resolution that I received was the best thing that happened to me this year. It was an unbelievable statement when I was told that I was caught up and compliant with the IRS!"

Dr. GT

"Tax Accountants reviewed my 2014 income tax return for errors. I sold a rental home and wanted to make sure my tax preparer at a national chain prepared the tax return correctly. Tax Accountants found missed deductions, amended my tax return, and as a result I received a refund of over $2,000. They did a great job and I'd definitely use them again."

B. Brooks

"The refiling and amending of my taxes gave me a renewed peace of mind and ended sleepless nights. The process ended threatening letter from the state and IRS. For any tax problems, I will seek their services again. Thank you Ms. Johnson."

P. McGowan